Category 8. The award for inspiring the healthcare scientist workforce of the future
Award open to healthcare scientists only
This award recognises and rewards people who are committed to inspiring the next generation of healthcare scientists. We are looking for submissions from individuals, units or departments
demonstrating their commitment, for example:
- Are you providing outstanding clinical learning and development opportunities for pre or post registration students in the workplace?
- Have you forged strong links with your education providers to ensure training is fit for purpose and meets patient needs?
- Are you using inventive ways to promote healthcare science careers in your local community?
- Do you offer innovative development programmes to help develop students during their early careers?
- Do you offer internal initiatives to capture talent within your existing support workforce?
Our aim is to showcase the essential contribution that healthcare scientists make to attracting and developing a workforce which displays the behaviours and values that are needed to deliver professional care. All those who play a part in inspiring healthcare scientists and support staff (clinical managers, department managers, educational supervisors and HR managers) are invited to nominate individuals or teams for this award.